South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

the calm before the storm

We arrived in Chicago safely. The hotel we are staying at is awesome, right on the river with a baywindow seat to watch the city from.


A nice alcove for morning prayers...before the 26.2 miles.


If you read this before Sunday 8am, I ask that you pray for Lindsay and I. We have trained for 6 months for this endeavor, and the nervousness is kicking in. My knees are wondering why and if I will be able to complete the entire race; My mind is saying you better...or else.

On my first training run, the quote from Jesus popped into my head:
If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.


Check back tomorrow afternoon because should I survive the run I will try to post some pictures (of the race not me)

No comments:

ShareThis