South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Karma Versus Grace

Grace is a radical concept that goes against the natural, physical laws of the universe. What an interesting concept...and to come from a musician.

Taking Bono's argument from another angle, it may help understand why we unconciously to gravitate towards a karma-legalistic-"an eye for an eye" structure. That is the natural order of things, "for every action there is an equal reaction," that's what we learned in 9th grade. And that is the system that we experience everyday while playing billards, running, or doing everything in this universe.

Except, for God karma is binding, and grace is boundless. Grace interupts then disrupts our understanding of the world's order. It irrates us because ignores the order of the universe.
Suddenly, for every action there is grace.

As Bono says "It [Grace] doesn't excuse my mistakes, but I'm holding out for Grace. I'm holding out that Jesus took my sins onto the Cross, because I know who I am, and I hope I don't have to depend on my own religiosity. I hope I don't have to depend on my own religiosity."

No comments:

ShareThis