South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Friday, December 02, 2005

series: theology of "dialogue"

Why do I find “dialogue” an essential component of faith?

After a great conversation with a friend, I was challenged as to why I find “dialogue” so important in the practice of the church. So I have come up with a list of questions that I think we help me discover how “dialogue” informs my theological perspective.

Join me on the journey the next few weeks, unless it turns out to be like the poker table project that took months to complete, as I wrestle with a “Theology of Dialogue.”

Below are the questions I have begun to assemble—they will probably change over the course of journaling. I promise I will be concise in my answers...Please provide feedback, correction, clarification and more questions as I journey."


What do I mean by “dialogue?"What is not dialogue?
What is verbal dialogue?What is nonverbal dialogue?
What is risked? What is gained?
How is it Trinitarian?
How is it Incarnational?How is it Pneumatological?
How is it scriptural?How is it sacramental?
How is it reformed?
How does it respect tradition?How is it culturally engaged?
How does it impact ministry?How does it impact worship?
How does it influence God’s relationship to us?How does it develop our relationship to the world?
How does it foster community?How does it foster ecumenism?
Who are some real theologians that have a richer, better explained perspective of “dialogue”??

No comments:

ShareThis