South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Monday, January 16, 2006

retreating


Tomorrow I head off to Holy Cross Monastary in New York.

I am looking forward to this experience of prayer, worship and solitude.

A few years back I went to the Mountains of North Carolina to spend the weekend without a television, without a computer, without music, without human contact...it was a great time to just pray and recognize my connection to God.

While this experience won't be limited to solitude, and I will have an opportunity to speak with the Monks, I am excited about a time of spiritual renewal. I am packing more books than clothes, and that is a very freeing feeling.

My schedule:
6:00 AM Matins
8:15 AM Great Silence ends with Eucharist
12:00 Noon Diurnum
5:00 PM Vespers
7:40 PM Compline
9:00 PM Great Silence begins

2 comments:

jlee said...

Thank you for your friendship.

Apostle John said...

I have found times such as these to be of great value.

Hope your time there is enriching

ShareThis