South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Devotion: Public Displays of the Good News

2 Corinthians 5:20 “We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.”

This past Sunday, I had the privilege of leading worship with my daughter sitting on the front row. This was the first time she has been with us for worship, while I was helping to lead the service. This new vantage point provide a new insight for me, as I led the congregation through the confession sequence. When it came time to assure our salvation and our pardon, I was able to lock eyes with my daughter as I said, "Hear the Good News."

The intensity and inquisitiveness of her as she tried to understand the words I was saying was endearing. It provide a profound moment for me, as I realized how eagerly people are to hear and understand the Good News of Christ. While I have the privilege to share the Good News in corporate worship each Sunday, it made me wonder how can each one of us declare--both in words and in actions this Good News during the week. Not only are children watching us intently, hungry for the Good News, but so our co-workers, our friends, our neighbors, the people we encounter each week.

As followers of Christ, we do not participate in a private religion, but a public way of living. We are called to be Christ's ambassadors to the world. This word is only used twice in the Bible (Eph 6:20) and both times Paul is telling his listeners that as followers of Jesus Christ we are “representatives” to the world of the Gospel.

Who might be watching you? Can you articulate how the good news of Christ’s love for you has impacted your life recently? Where have you experienced God’s grace? Who could you share that story with?

No comments:

ShareThis