South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Devotion: Loose Change

8 "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn't she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.'10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." 

 Luke 15:8-10

 

 Loose Change

 

          Perhaps I am writing this because I left my iPhone atop my car all day Thursday, as we drove through the city, stopped at the YMCA, shopped, went to work, my phone sat atop the roof of my car. I was in such a hurry to put the boys into their car seats that I was unaware of where I had placed it. If we are not careful, we can misplace vital things for our lives.

          A report just came out that the TSA collects over $400,000 annually from passengers leaving their loose change in those gross white containers. It's interesting how pennies, nickels and dimes can start to add up over the year. In hearing that report, it made me think about the Parable of the lost coin in Luke's gospel. In our frantic, stressful and hurried lives (like going through security at the airport!) how much do we stop to "search carefully" for things? Are we not rushing from place to place unaware of the little things that drop out of our lives so quickly and quietly? 

          The danger is that this rapid movement can cause us to accidently drop the Gospel out of our lives. The Gospel is the story of God's restoration for our lives that once took such a vital and prominent place. Over time we notice that it gets left behind in some nasty white container or on top of a car. If nickels and dimes can add up to $400,000 in a year; you'd be amazed at the abundant blessings the Gospel can create in your life after a year of searching, cultivating, and developing your faith in Christ.    

          Where might you have let the gospel slip out of your life? Are you carefully searching for it? How might you call the neighbors and rejoice over the blessings God has given you in Christ?  

  

In Christ, Wes 


Sent from my iPhone,
Sorry for brevity. 

No comments:

ShareThis