South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Downhill


Well, I am 27 today.

though still in my "mid-twenties" for the next six months, I have finally hit "that age."

As my strength coaches in college and high school explained (unless you are Barry Bonds, I guess) at 27 your body's ability to rebuild torn muscles, thereby making you stronger, starts to slow.

I guess it is fitting that I went to bed last night with a pretty sore right knee after running and practicing non-contact, co-ed intramural flag football,
Not that I ever expect to get back to my football weightlifting strength at Davidson College

Looks like my coaches were right: Research on Age at which Athletes are at their best.

Sigh.

No comments:

ShareThis