South Charlotte Church Plant


Join us as we launch a new church in South Charlotte. Sign up for the prayer newsletter;
consider financially supporting through giving; or become a TRAILBLAZER.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Devotion::In the Light

Hebrews 13:8
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever"

There is a deep pastoral promise in this phrase.  I have a little mantra that if the third person annoys me in one day, it usually is not them it's me.  This helps me reset my eyes, and consider what am I doing.  In the same way, this passage from Hebrews reminds me that if God does not change--and His love for me does not wane and fade, but it "feels" like it does, then perhaps it is me.

Consider this analogy...The sun radiates the same light each day, yet the moon reflects a different amount of that light.  Depending on the perspective, angle, the surface of the moon and other factors (planterium guys correct me at mybad@gmail.com), the moon's visibility changes.  

Likewise for us (the moon in that analogy) things get in the way, obscuring the light radiating from the Son (the sun in that analogy).  Faith however gives us the assurance of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).  We can rest assured that the light of Christ will one day return and shine brightly on our lives, warming our souls, and energizing us for His work!

Where are you in relation to the Son?  Is His presence waxing or waning in your life?  Do you feel like He is totally eclipsed from your life?  How is your life reflecting this light to others?

No comments:

ShareThis